Monday, July 28, 2014

Pom Pom Drop - What to Do With Pom Poms - Cheap Fun

Here is a fun activity I set up as an invitation to play.  It is very inexpensive and you can easily use things around your house.  Surprisingly the kids will stay occupied for a while - and what is even better  - they keep coming back for more!  

All you need is a plastic bowl, a paper towel roll, tape, and some pom poms. 


Step one:  Tape the paper towel roll onto the wall - about 2 week off the ground.


Next place the bowl underneath the paper towel roll.  I put the bowl on a chair so that it would be closer.


I had to test it to make sure it worked.  Then I left.  I didn't tell anyone about the pom pom drop.  I didn't tell my chickadees what to do.  I just left it for them to find and explore.


Sure enough when my chickadees #'s 2 and #4 wondered into the kitchen they found the strange contraption.  They quickly figured out what to do.


They played for almost 1/2 hour.  They also explored the possibilities of how many pom poms they could fit in at once.  A couple was OK - even 3.  But then they started getting stuck.  #2 ripped the roll off the wall and flung the stuck pom poms everywhere.  But when #4 got them stuck he kind of gave up.  I gave him a pencil and he figured out what to do right away.




It was pure joy and so much fun.  This will be a great activity to set up if you have little ones that are not going to be in school.  This can keep them occupied for a little bit - while you teach phonics to a Kinder or math to a 4th grader.  :)

Have a Hats and Chickadees Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment