Saturday, August 9, 2014

National Book Lover's Day!

Yippie Skippie!  It's Book Lover's Day!  Time to reflect on what books we think are so great!  I have always been a bibliophile - from the good old days when my mom would read me Dr. Seuss books every night - to when I finally picked up my very first chapter book to read.  (Charlotte's Web - still a favorite in my heart to this very day!)

When I really got into reading mystery books became my staple.  Boxcar Children came first, then Nancy Drew, then finally Trixie Belden.  I have in my collection the entire original series of Boxcar Children books (1-19), Nancy Drew (1-175), and Trixie Belden (1-34).

As I grew John Grisham, Caroline B. Cooney, and Mary Higgins Clark became my reading preference.  Then along came Mary Jane Clark, and Carol Higgins Clark, and Sophia Kinsella (Author of Shopoholic series.)

Now that I have kids I read less books for adults, and you know what?  I really enjoy the reads from Teenager Fiction.  Just a few:


  • Matched series
  • Uglies series
  • Gallagher Girl - Spy Academy series
  • Heist Society series
  • Secret's of my Hollywood Life series

And for this summer I have read 22 books so far.  My goal was 50 - and I will be far short.  However, I still hope to achieve at least 25 books to be 1/2 to my goal.  My summer reading has included:

  • Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita
  • " " On Location
  • " " Family Affairs
  • "  " Paparazzi Princess
  • The Midwife's Apprentice by Karen Cushman
  • The Royal Treatment by Lindsey Leavitt
  • A Farewell to Charms by Lindsey Leavitt
  • Gamer Girl by Mari Mancusi
  • Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
  • Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
  • Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter

What have you been reading this summer?  Are you a book lover?  What was your favorite book growing up?  What is your favorite book now?  What would you recommend to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment