Sunday, July 20, 2014

Feeling Vintage in the Kitchen - Blueberry and Nutmeg Doughnuts

For our 11th Anniversary this year (can you believe I've been married that long?  Holy Cow, Batman!) my Aunt got us this Cake Pop / Doughnut Hole Electric Bakery.  So, I decided to try it out.  The results were delicious!  I wanted to take a cute picture of me in the kitchen - but I was still getting over my cold - and really didn't feel like dressing up in a vintage full skirt, button up blouse, and a tie scarf in my hair holding out a tray of these delectable doughnuts.  You get the picture.   You can imagine it if I had done so - it probably wouldn't have turned out cute at all.  Instead enjoy these pics and recipes. and answer my question:  what kind of flavor of doughnut would you make? :) 





Here are the two recipe's I made:

(Taken from the Cake Pop Bakery - Recipe Book)

Blueberry Muffin Munchies
1 Cup Milk
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Granulated White Sugar
3/4 - 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries

Stir Together Milk, Egg, and Oil.
Add Flour, baking powder, sugar, and blueberries.
Gently mix the batter and pour into pastry wells.
Cook for 3-7 minutes until golden brown.
Open lid w/ oven mitt.
Remove muffins with a wooden spoon.

Quick Donut Holes
2 Cups Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cups Buttermilk (I used Plain Milk)
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Egg

Mix Dry Ingredients 
Stir in milk, oil, and egg.
Pour into Pastry Wells
Cook for 3-7 minutes until golden brown.  
Open lid w/ oven mitt.
Remove dounuts with a wooden spoon.
Roll in sugar, powdered sugar, or frosting and sprinkles.

Yum!
Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment