Saturday, January 9, 2016

Yikes, Stripes! And Putting Prints Together.

I don't know about you, but I love mixing patterns if I can.  For this outfit I wanted to find a neat print to go with my purple A- Line pleated skirt.  I love purple and teal together - so I went with my abstract snake print teal blouse.  It is a tank top - so I added a cardigan.  My black and white zebra print just seemed to go so well - so I went with it.  I also love yellow with purple and teal - therefore, I added my yellow and silver necklace.  Also - I needed something to break up the visual line a little bit - do I put on my black stretch belt.  If you know me you know I love a good belt! 

As far as outfits - this one is a little wilder than what I usually wear - I felt really good wearing it.  I really liked how the mixed prints turned out. 

To mix prints - try to find a common color or theme.  I think the prints and necklace all went together because the Cardigan has silver metallic thread running through it, the blouse has silver studs, and the necklace is silvertone.

Remember if you are going to mix prints... have fun with it!!

Cardigan: Giveaway
Blouse: Gift
Skirt: Newport News
Necklace: Gift
Bracelet: Gift
Ring: Vintage - local boutique
Shoes: ModCloth
Belt:  Maurices

No comments:

Post a Comment