Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Dreaming of Paris

It was a highly uneventful day today.  The kids worked on writing and math this morning.  None of them got my love of writing it seems, or perhaps K12 really did just ruin it for them.  We may never know...
*Instead of traditional book reports, we decided to write stories sprinkled with facts.  It is a fun alternative, and the chickadees seemed into it.
* I had such a HUGE, and I am talking TOWERING PILE OF LAUNDRY, to fold today, I think it took me over an hour to do. 
*During that time I watched one of my favorite TV shows.  Rick Steves' Europe.  Very interesting program on Paris.  I learned all about the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Seine River, the Catacombs.  What a city - it is one place I wish to see one day.  It is a dream vacation spot.  Ah me, maybe someday.  Be still my heart.  So many things I wish to see.  So little time, and so little money. 
*My hubby found all these broken duck and goose decoys on an island in the river we live by.  So he drug them home and is piecing them together to create new decoys.  This is what you do when you have no money!  This one has a bottle and sock neck - and a French Beret!  He is a French Goose.  While I hate hunting, at least there are thousands of ducks and geese, and my husband is a bad shot.  Lol.
*Enjoying some NBA action tonight - watching Atlanta Hawks play the Portland Trailblazers.  Go T'Blazers!
*Well, that was my day. Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment