Sunday, January 3, 2016

In Which I Feel Like A Gibson Girl

Do you remember the Gibson Girl?  She was a romantic doll.  Her hair was always beautifully coifed.  Her outfits were always fashionable - puffed sleeves and long skirts.  The accessories always dazzled.  She was, in a word, perfect.

No, I am not perfect, nor do I look like a fashion designer doll... but somehow I felt like a modern day Gibson Girl.  Maybe - this is how the designer would make her look today - still classy, but with a few modern touches.

For this outfit I decided to stay classic black and white with my long puffed sleeve striped blouse.  Instead of putting a white cami underneath, I used a black one.  Also, I decided to use my full black skirt that hits at the knee (scandalous!) Indtead of the floor, and let my orange-pink jewelry and classic pumps be the pop of color.  For the Gibson touch - I decided to put my hair up instead of leaving it long. 

Outfit details:
Blouse:  Sheinside
Cami:  Newport News
Skirt: ModCloth
Shoes: ModCloth
Necklace/ Earrings:  Gift
Ring: Gift

On a side note from fashion: if you've read my past posts, you know I am a huge Green Bay Packer fan.  Sadly, they lost today and so will be on the road for the playoffs instead of at home.  They will be heading to Washington DC next week to take on the Redskins.   It's been an up and down year, but I will always be a Packer Backer!

Have a Hats and Chickadee Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment