Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What To Use on Diaper Rash If Your Baby Has Extra Sensitive Skin? Baby Powder Wins!


My littlest chickadee was born 4 weeks early, and I don't know if that has contributed to her extra sensitive skin or not, but she has EXTRA sensitive skin!  I have been struggling and trying for months to find a solution to this problem.  I have tried all sorts of natural balms - like Burt's Bees.  And I tried A&D.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, worked.

Finally my husband suggested baby powder.  I have always been reluctant to try baby power - because the talc can be dangerous to babies if they get it in their lungs.

So, since nothing else was working - I tried it as my last resort.  I was very careful not to raise any dust and sprinkle it very carefully.  

That being said after only 1 day her little sensitive skin was beautiful once again!  No ugly red rash!  It was like a miracle.  I've been using the powder ever since - and not one problem!

So - the moral of my story is:  don't be so opposed to using something that might really work.  If your baby is having problems with the balms or ointments - try using plain old regular baby powder!  You might be surprised!


If using TALC baby powder - just be extra careful not to raise any powder near your little cutie's nose.  Or you can try to find ARROWROOT powder - which is supposed to be safer.

I tried both tippy toes by TopCare, and also Johnson's Baby - and I actually liked the cheaper kind better!  Go figure!


Have a Hats and Chickadees Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment