Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Floral Jackets and Pencil Skirts - (Quick Outfit Ideas for Busy Moms)


Good morning!  Time for another quick outfit idea post!  This one was fun to put together.  

Here is what you need for today's outfit:
Floral jacket
Striped blouse
Pencil skirt matching a hue in your jacket
Shoes matching a different hue in your jacket
Necklace
Opt:  Belt

I was inspired by all the dark florals this winter and found a jacket on eBay.  When I got it I paired the burgundy flowers in the jacket with my burgundy skirt from Modcloth.  I played around with cami's and blouses underneath and finally settled on my black and white stripe top.  I had to belt this outfit because the jacket doesn't button and I didn't like the open look.  Add shoes that match your jacket as well.  I've tried to do popping colors, or colors that don't match - and I must say that the outfit looks more thoughtful and put together if you DO match.  To top it off I added my ballerina necklace.



I like how the jacket flared out slightly at the back.


My ballerina necklace.  I just liked the old feel this necklace has - and the gold outline.  

Sometimes I feel like a Modcloth snob on here!  Yes, it is true that most of my clothes ARE from Modcloth.   Can I help it that I just love their clothes THISMUCH?   I mean, come on!  They get NEW stuff EVERY single day!  I will try very hard to branch out a little bit in the coming days and months.  I already have found (and tried... gasp!) other vintage clothing sites.  In fact, I have a blog planned for my favorite ones - so check back for a list - coming soon!  :)

Earrings:  Hoops - Lia Sophia
Necklace - Old - Modcloth (Necklaces)
Belt - Old - Maurices
Tights - Gift
Shoes - Old - Newport News (Similar)
Black and White Blouse - Modcloth (Similar)
Jacket - eBay (Similar)
Skirt - Modcloth Skirt - (Still available!)

Have a Hats and Chickadees Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment