Monday, February 29, 2016

Summer at Forsaken Lake

Happy Leap Day!  What a fun extra day today!  We went grocery shopping in town, and then tackled History, Art, Math, Reading, and Writing for the kids.  Chickadee #1 is learning about Early America and the colonies.  Chickadee #2 is learning about the Elizabethan era.  #3, and #4 are learning about Ancient Greece. 

I saw an inspiring Green Bay Packer's Quote today, and had to share.  I truly believe we could have won every game this year... but we ran out of time!  :).

We also took a walk down by the river today, and enjoyed throwing rocks in, underneath our bridge. 

My outfit today is inspired by the nautical theme that is so popular this spring and summer.  I wanted to build an outfit around my vintage blue pleated skirt.  I devided my polka dotted blouse would go well with it - and belted it in red.  I kept with the red in my shoes too, as blue shoes would have been too much, I think!   I also added my cool vintage anchor brooch - since my blouse had a tie neck, and I couldn't do a necklace. 

The book choice for today is:  Summer at Forsaken Lake.  A story about a boy named Nicholas, who finds his father's old stash of film - from back when he was young and making a movie at the lake.  Nicholas uncovers secrets long buried.  What really happened that summer on the lake so long ago?  4*.  I would also like to point out - this author also wrote The Red Blazer books and a fabulous book about a cat named Lantern Sam.  Check him out!  He just might become a new favorite author! 

Well,  that was my wonderful leap day.  How was yours?

Outfit Details: 
Blouse:  ModCloth
Belt:  Old
Skirt:  Vintage
Brooch:  Vintage
Shoes:  ModCloth
Bracelet:  Newport News

No comments:

Post a Comment