Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Galaxy Print take Two...

Do you ever get into a clothing rut?  I do!  I do!  When I put together an outfit, I tend to like it, so that's all I ever wear!  That's a little bit sad isn't it?  Take, for instance, my galaxy print skirt from ModCloth.  (Ikebana skirt - which I should have bought all of them before they discontinued them!  Arg, curses!).  I paired it with a polka dot blouse and my blue cardigan... bam!  Done!  That's the only way I've ever worn it!  Again, very sad. 

Now, the blogging world of fashion has really inspired me to step out of my one outfit box.  (Especially this girl from Romania who is always wearing her clothing in different outfits.  Honestly, I want her closer lol)

Sooooo, I decided I MUST create a new look with my clothes.  (I think I got the one look thing from my mom who hangs outfits together and only ever wears them together like that.  True story. ). I really wanted a new look for my galaxy skirt.  Instead of playing on the blue, I decided to bring out the yellow this time.  I styled it with my ModCloth blouse for some visual interest, along with my yellow shoes I adore, and, of course, don't forget my customary belt!  All in all, I think it turned out OK.  I still like the other outfit better, but I am glad I ventured outside my box.

What about you?  Have you ever gotten into a style rut?  What did you do about it? 
Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Cardigan:  Charter School Cardigan in Honey from ModCloth.

Blouse:  ModCloth

Belt: Maurice's

Skirt: Ikebana Skirt from ModCloth

Shoes: ModCloth

Bracelet: From Europe / Belgium.

Ring:Lisa Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment