Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Mark of the Dragonfly

The Mark of the Dragonfly, I must say, is one of my favorite recent science fiction / fantasy books.  Piper is all alone in the Scrap Towns on the outer boundaries of the World of Solace.  She makes her living fixing things that no one else can fix.  One day after a meteor shower, she meets a strange girl named Anna.  She bears a tattoo in the shape of a dragonfly on her arm.  That means she is under the king's protection.  If Piper takes her back, she may get a reward.... so begins the intricate and imaginative tale.  I enjoyed it so much, I can't wait until the sequel: The Secrets of Solace, will be released in the Spring of this year!  4*! 

This book is also full machines, and a clock that only works for Piper.  Since clockwork is so important in this story, my outfit features clocks!  I love teal and red together (and it was cold), so I also wore my red jacket.  Both pieces are new - picked up from ModCloth's last 70% off sale!  Shoes match my top, as usual.  I love the details of the dress - from the quirky and fun vintage print, to the beautiful and delicate red buttons.  This was a fun outfit to wear, and I look forward to finding more stylish and comfortable clothes from Effie's Heart.

In other news - we had some new neighbors move in.  Cows, my friends, cows.  Honestly, we love watching them.  They are pretty quiet, and they are pretty sweet animals.  The farmer we live by takes good care of his cattle.  They get to eat all the yummy leftover beat tops from the fall harvest all winter long. 

Also, Sunday was the NCAA selection process for college basketball!  2 games have already been played:  Wichita State and Florida Gulf Coast won their games to make it into the field of 64.  2 more games will take place tomorrow, and will give us the complete field of play.  Thursday the madness will begin!  Yes!  I am a huge college basketball fan!  You didn't expect anything different did you?  I pretty much enjoy all sports! 

I have my map / brackets all printed out.  I am going for the AZ Wildcats - they are my team since the days of Mike Bibby and Miles Simon!  :).  They are only a 6 seed this year, so we'll see what they can do. I am looking forward to the next 3 weeks.  :)

Happy March Madness to you all!  Good night!!!

Outfit details:
Dress:  ModCloth
Jacket:  ModCloth
Necklace:  Lia Sophia
Shoes:  ModCloth
Earrings:  Lisa Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment