Monday, March 7, 2016

The Friendship Doll

The Friendship Doll is by Kirby Larson (same author who wrote Hattie Big Sky).  It is written from the perspective of a doll: Miss Kanagawa.  It is a story about a doll from Japan and the people she touches.  It is a super sad story.  And it's pretty neat that the story is actually based on a true story of Friendship Dolls from Japan to the United States.  58 dolls were sent over in 1927.  This event happened before the bombing of Pearl Harbor.  After that sad time in history, many of these friendship dolls were destroyed.  Sadly, only 13 of these dolls have ever been found.  4* - I do recommend this book!  It is historical fiction, which I love, and Larson is a wonderful story teller.  Go read it! 

My outfit is based on this book.  I thought that the skirt had a cherry festival look to it.  I love stripes with flowers, so added my striped shirt.  It was a little chilly out - so I added my pink flower cardigan. 

Outfit Details:
Blouse:  ModCloth
Skirt: Giveaway
Tights: Gift
Shoes:  Chadwick's
Necklace:  Gift
Cardigan: Gift
Ring: Sheinside

In other news:  We got to go see Zootopia!  It was really funny!  A little scary for little kids, and it does talk about evolution FYI.  (Without saying: Evolution)

Also!  My hubby let me order a whole new pile of books, which I can't wait to dive into! 
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
Missing in America
Return to Sender
Saving Wonderland
A Year in the Life of a Complete Genius
Absolutely True
Jack The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk
The Categorical Center of the Universe of Candice Phee
Two Summers
Josh Baxter Levels Up
The Swap
Ruby Lee and Me
Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend.

Look for some new book reviews coming soon.  :).

So excited.  Have a good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment