Friday, March 11, 2016

Going Vintage

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt is an amazing and fun story about a girl named Mallory, who suddenly finds herself single after her boyfriend cheats on her.   To deal with what happened, she decides to "Go Vintage.". What does this mean, exactly?  Well, she swears off all modern day technology, and makes a list of things she must accomplish, like:  have a dinner party.  Hilarity ensues with technological complications, her ex's cousin (who just happens to be cute and sweet), and all sorts of other hijinks.  I really recommend this book for a light hearted romantic read.  4.5 stars.  ( Just an FYI - none of the books I read or review will have anything more than kissing.  - So if you are a parent worried about that - this book doesn't cross any of those lines :). ). Thank you! 

I have been a ModCloth lover for a very long time.  Long before they even had a "Style Gallery!". Gasp!  Did you even know that?  So, you could still post pictures. but it was more like a whole other website all together.  People could write about their outfits and other people could even comment on them!  I think, although I am not 100% on this one, you couldn't vote for your "favorite"... Everyone was equal.  I kinda miss it actually ... 

This woman who used to post all the time was my favorite!  She had amazing vintage style.  She always had this theme, and she was always going vintage.  She had 100's of hats as well, and they were the envy of all.  I loved her style of dress!  Well, one day, she posted a picture with the dress you see me wearing now.  She had these gloves, and hat, and throw in a vintage bicycle..  it was an amazing photo shoot!  So, I had to buy the dress immediately.  I don't claim to be as stylish as her - but this dress is still one of my favorites.  I totally feel like I am "Going Vintage" in it.  :)

In other news... my hubby brought home waaaaay too much Boom Chicka Pop Kettle Corn popcorn.  It is my absolute favorite treat ... in the world!  Not so good for my diet though.  :(  Also, he found a brand new wood stove for our house at 1/2 price.  It is gorgeous and has a glass front.  It is so nice to cozy up to it at night and read by fire light.

That's about it for me today!  Talk to you later, and...

Happy Friday to you all!  Have a great night and weekend!! 

Outfit Details:
Dress:  ModCloth
Cardigan:  Charter School Cardigan - ModCloth
Shoes:  ModCloth
Necklace:  Vintage!! From eBay!
Earrings:  Sun drop Earrings
Bracelet:  Lisa Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment