Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate

The inspiration for this outfit comes from a gloriously delicious book called The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate.  It is about a girl named Calpurnia and her family.  Mostly, it is about Calpurnia and her grandfather and the relationship they form over science. 

Callie grows and changes in the story.  She evolves.  She also learns that she loves science and figuring things out.  She loves researching plants and wants to discover something new.  This book does touch briefly on "evolution" and " natural selection.". However, even though I do not believe in evolution, I didn't feel like the author was overly zealous about the subject. 

The story is so beautifully told, and the characters all come alive - Callie is such a wonderful girl, I just love her! -that I was able to look past the things I don't believe in and enjoy the actual story.   If these things offend you, or if you take fiction books literally, then this book is not for you.  If reading about what someone else believes, while staying true to what you believe is something you can do, then I highly recommend this book. 5*.  Also, The Curious World of Calpernia Tate is coming soon, and I just can't wait!

Callie is a Scientist who loves to study animals and plants.  Plants seem to be her favorite, so I decided to wear my amazing full skirt splashed with Sunflowers!  Along with my blue polka dotted blouse.  I don't know why, but I just was in a mood for blue today - so blue cardigan, belt, and shoes.  I wear this outfit with stripes, and lots of yellow too, so I can't wait to style this skirt in more ways this spring and summer.  It is totally one of my favorite skirts. :). I did add yellow in my necklace, earrings, pin, and hair accessories.  Something about blue and yellow.... means spring is in the air!

Outfit Details: 
Blouse:  ModCloth
Skirt:  ModCloth
Cardigan:  ModCloth
Belt:  Newport News
Shoes:  Newport News
Hair flower:  Handmade Gift
Earrings:  Sundrop Earrings
Necklace:  Gift on our Honeymoon - an Amber necklace from the D.R.

What is your favorite spring combo?  Let me know below! 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment