Wednesday, May 28, 2014

K12 Material Returns - Reclamation

Good Morning Fellow K12 Families and Homeschoolers!  It is that time of year again - Material Returns.  It is a very fast and easy process.  The school will send e-labels to you in your email along with a list of items that you will need to return.  I take this time to check through the list and start gathering up the items that will be returned and putting them in one spot.  I always wait until they send me labels in the mail though, so that I don't have to print off half a dozen labels.  It's called saving ink my friends!  


Remember to go through your list very carefully.  Only send back the stuff that they request you send back-  all the text books, CD's, math shapes, ect.  Here is a helpful hint:  keep everything else that they say you can keep like art supplies, maps, and globes.  I have found that even though I may not have opened up and used that globe this year, that the next year 3 blowup globes in a row could pop.  So, I always save everything - you never know when you might need it.


I save all my K12 boxes in our basement for the entire year so that I don't have to try and find boxes to send back all those books.  Take your materials you have to send back and package them all up.  Be sure and use strong tape to secure your boxes.  Also, you will want to remove or black out out any other labels on the boxes.


The last step is very easy.  Attach all those labels on the boxes (the ones that you get in the mail) and take them to your nearest UPS store drop off.  Done and done.  Another thing to check off your checklist as this school year ends, and your summer adventure begins!  

No comments:

Post a Comment